The benefits of working with Microsoft Teams
Since the Corona crisis, online meetings have of course become indispensable. This has significantly increased the number of users of these types of meeting tools. Microsoft announced at the end of October 2020 that the number of users of its “Teams” has doubled in the past year. An average of 115 million people use Microsoft Teams every day. But why would you choose Microsoft Teams and how does it work?
What is Microsoft Teams?
Microsoft Teams is more than just a video tool. With Teams you can chat, make video calls and work well together online. Collaboration in documents is also possible. It is already included with most Office 365 licenses, but you can also opt for a free version. A big advantage if you use Office 365 is that you can also integrate this software (such as Word, Paint and Excel). Cloud storage is also available at Teams. When creating a free account you will be asked what you want to use it for. You can choose from a school, a family or a business account. After creating the account (which is nothing more than providing an email address and creating a password), a confirmation will have to be given by e-mail. You will be given a code that you must enter. Next, Microsoft would like to know how old you are and where you come from. The age is even double checked ... After entering the personal data you can still decide which app you want to use. And then the program will be installed on your laptop, PC or whatever device. So simple.
The benefits of Microsoft Teams
Why would you choose Teams from all possible meeting software?
- The tool is often already included in Office 365
- Free for everyone to use without Office 365
- Works on practically all devices
- Works on almost all operating systems. A version is also coming up for Linux
- Virtual backgrounds so your room can stay private if you want
- Screen sharing: show a screen or a window in your screen to others
- Files can be shared
- Data is encrypted so it is safe
- Meetings can be scheduled in advance and people can be invited
- Use a digital white board!
- Also nice: use 1 background together. This gives you the feeling that you are all sitting together. Perhaps not something that adds anything professionally, but certainly does in terms of atmosphere. Take a look here at Together Mode for more information
How to optimize meetings via Teams?
Whether we're talking about Teams or any other video conferencing tool, an online meeting is different from meeting live. Certainly if the meeting lasts a little longer, the risk of wandering is simply greater than if you are being kept on the ball by your colleagues. Provide variety or try a fun live energizer or an online game. Fresh meetings always benefit the purpose of a meeting.