When your digital meeting is about fall into a slump, it’s time to bring a little life to it! You can do that with the following simple Online Energizer. Playing for traffic light may seem like the best reason to practice standing still – the most important thing about that traffic light is that it gets into movement. And quickly please! More fun works better. It’s a green wave!
- Schedule this online energizer right after a break. During the break participants have time to prepare themselves.
- In the remaining part of the meeting, one or more polls should take place.
- You’ll pimp these polls by holding them in a traffic light form!
- During the break, ask participants to find a red, yellow and green object and have it ready by the camera.
- Come up with a fun or instructive practice round, for example: ‘This meeting has already given me a lot of useful information’ or, if you prefer to keep it playful: ‘Tonight I’m going to do something amazing’.
- The participants show their opinions via the traffic light colors. Green = agree, red = disagree and orange = neutral, or I don’t know.
- This way you can have polls in a cheerful way, as well as more serious polls that are really about the topic of the current meeting. ‘If you think this new program proposal is an excellent idea, please show something green. Bad idea: red. If you’d like to say something more about it: orange/yellow!
- You’ll notice that the jesters (or joke-stars!) of the meeting start improvising and, for example, wave a green object at any good remark by a participant.
- In this way, a simple visual energizer will make your meeting a lot more fun. Everyone gets moving and new ideas start flowing.
- Here’s a bonus idea: during the break, when the participants are looking for the objects, you can set the mood with some songs about traffic lights!