⦿ Fun, Connection, Stress Reduction, Team Building, Creativity
In this game, the goal is not to (giggle) when simply Hello is said in a special way.
While working we sometimes forget that we were all young once. Revisit those wonderful childhood days of yesteryear and get giggling together, thanks to this game that is as corny as it is addictive.
The goal of Say hiiiiiiii! is as simple as it is difficult to achieve: just don’t laugh!
Background: Quick and easy to do for both new and familiar teams. Totally ideal during an introductory round, that is. But you can also be surprised by colleagues you thought you knew for many years anyway.
Procedure for a digital version:
- Use a video program that allows you to watch as many participants as possible live at the same time.
- Divide the group into two (almost) equal parts
This can be done by choosing the same virtual background for each group or by showing the same posture (e.g. standing and sitting)
1 group forms the challengers that round
1 group forms the stoics – they won’t let anything get them upset
- Have the challengers say 1 by 1 hello in a special/funny/challenging way
The goal is to get the stoics to smile (or even laugh!).
Once that happens the smiling stoic crosses over and joins the group of challengers themselves.
- Continue until only one stoic remains or until everyone is a challenger!
- Set your own ground rules together on which actions are / are not acceptable. It should remain fun and fair after all!
Got the hang of it?
Playing games together really works wonders. You’ll suddenly see a completely different side of your colleagues. The quietest force often turns out to be the biggest clown.
Would you like guidance from a professional game leader? Book a workshop from our Serious Play expert Nancy.
More fun in the workplace with each other, means better results for the entire team!